As we continue to adjust to our "new-normal", MDK Business Law Professional Corporation has started to release a series of webinars in partnership with Invest Ottawa (IO).
Please note, a majority of these webinars are structured as highly interactive, online workshops (Teach, Talk, Try) where participants received practical guidance from our presenters.
Please click on each of the titles below to access our past webinars via powerpoint:
1. Online Business Basics: Updates on Canada’s Privacy and Anti-Spam Legislation
Let’s face it, understanding Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) regulations can seem like a difficult task for business owners, particularly as these laws are constantly being updated regarding how they relate to one's company.
In this webinar, Drew Kelsall provides business owners and individuals with the following:
- A general overview of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation and the activities it covers;
- Recent developments and decisions under CASL;
- Anticipated changes to Canada’s privacy legislation; and
- A brief discussion of changes coming to Quebec privacy legislation.
2. Urgent Updates to Your Standard Employment Contract and HR Policies
The COVID-19 pandemic is not the only reason for the dramatic change in the employment law landscape in Ontario.
In this webinar, Naomi Morisawa De Koven talks about why an immediate review of standard Ontario employment agreements are required, and also delivers a practical update on recommended changes concerning HR policies.
3. Breaking Down the Most Negotiated Clauses in Commercial Contracts
Commercial contracts serve as the basis for deals between the company and its clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. A thorough understanding of key commercial contracts, as well as amendments to such clauses that happened in 2020, is needed for the company to confidently discuss prospective deals.
In this webinar, Naomi Morisawa De Koven and Drew Kelsall share their expertise about:
- Making immediate changes to your "boilerplate" language; and
- Avoiding drafts - what are the most negotiated parts of a SaaS subscription agreements
4. Financing 101: SAFEs, Prefs and Other Convertible Securities
Are you taking the proper steps to finance your business? Spend some time learning about the distinctions between SAFEs, Preferred Shares, and other convertible securities.
In this webinar, Naomi Morisawa De Koven and Drew Kelsall share their knowledge in the following areas:
- What's included in the term sheet for a convertible security;
- Offering top issues not addressed in the term sheet; and
- Handling due diligence for financing.